Friday, April 08, 2005
Everybody's got the right
Still breathless after M&B's Assassins. It's just really super fun. Hysterical. Musical. Educational. (Well, maybe not that educational for people with a better concept of American history than I have. I was pretty much limited to, "Did you know John Wilkes Booth was an actor?" before tonight)
My comments, in no particular order:
I hear that they expect most of the rest of the run to sell out, so make your reservations if you're going.
My comments, in no particular order:
- The girl (yeah, but you almost don't notice) who plays Giuseppe Zangara sounds exactly like my grandmother, if my grandmother were an assassin. I told her that after the show, and she hugged me.
- The Balladeer has this smooth, lyrical, I-want-to-have-your-babies kind of voice. Which is good, because he sings a lot.
- Father Madden looks nothing like Gerald Ford, but it was a great cameo anyway.
- Anne Popolizio was completely convincing as a spacey Charles Manson follower. Go figure.
- Courtney Barker did the costumes. I'm sure you can picture that.
- Can I just say that Jordan White is a freakin' prodigy? He pretty much made a whole pit out of three guys and 9 square feet on the corner of the stage. There were like a dozen instruments in there. It was insane.
- I am so incredibly proud of Michael Kocher. He did everything he set out to do. And he seems really really happy with it. I remember what it was like to end senior year that way. It's such a great feeling. I'm so glad.
I hear that they expect most of the rest of the run to sell out, so make your reservations if you're going.
Comments:
<< Home
I really want to see it but I won't be back until after it's over :-( So sad. I've been waiting all season for this show...we all know how much I love musicals!!
~Bethany
Post a Comment
~Bethany
<< Home

