Monday, May 02, 2005
Can I help you?
I went to Lord & Taylor this weekend and tried on a gigantic straw hat, which I loved loved loved. But I love all gigantic straw hats, so I left that one on while a looked at the others. I hear behind me, "Can I help you?" not too solicitously--more like, stop playing with my merchandise little girl. So I turned around and told the ancient saleslady, "I think I'm going to buy this hat." and she said "Well, have you tried that one?" so I tried on some more hats, even though I liked the one I had, and then I bought the gigantic one, and she was all, "would you like a box for this?" Ha! So now I have a gigantic straw hat to wear in South Beach. Because where can you where a giant hat if not in South Beach?
