Monday, May 02, 2005

Say it with me now:

"We are so old." There, I feel better. Tonight, I had the not-all-that-much-fun task of presenting the senior welcome certificates from GTA all by myself at the M&B Banquet. Actually, it wasn't that bad, except that I was completely unprepared, and while I typically have no problem with extemporaneous speaking, I was feeling totally self conscious because I actually knew so many of the people in the room, but I didn't really belong there. But I got to hear Michael Kocher make his usual cracks about the proceedings, so that improved things.

But what I really wanted to talk about in this post was Sami Ghazi. You know, that kid who walked in as a freshman with less than a clue? Yeah, he's EP next year. Executive Producer. It just reminded me of how quick the cycle is in a college organization--how fast we all went from being green to being wise. I look at Sami and part of me wants to go, "really? him? he's just a kid!" But of course I know that's silly. I mean, honestly, it's not that different than Mike Boyle becoming EP. Or Drew, for that matter. I guess the time just moves so much slower when you're right in there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?