Saturday, July 02, 2005
I like tortoises, myself
Verbatim from a recent Going Out Gurus discussion on www.washingtonpost.com:
Washington, D.C.: Is there any way to rent zoo animals for a child's birthday party? While I realize that some animals must stay in the zoo for safety reasons, I was curious about the "safer" animals. In particular, my daughter absolutely loves hippos. We have a large pool in our house, so I was hoping that we could possibly rent a hippo for an afternoon. If not, I would also consider a smaller monkey or a large snake (for my son). Money is no concern...
Joe: I know you can buy hippos at Pet Smart. Giraffes too. Maybe even a puppy.
Washington, D.C.: Is there any way to rent zoo animals for a child's birthday party? While I realize that some animals must stay in the zoo for safety reasons, I was curious about the "safer" animals. In particular, my daughter absolutely loves hippos. We have a large pool in our house, so I was hoping that we could possibly rent a hippo for an afternoon. If not, I would also consider a smaller monkey or a large snake (for my son). Money is no concern...
Joe: I know you can buy hippos at Pet Smart. Giraffes too. Maybe even a puppy.
