Tuesday, April 25, 2006
There has been talk
lately
about my moving to New York.
This :
is tempting. And when I'm there, I start to think I want to do it.
And then I get back to DC.
And I see my life, my rather happy, full life here.

And I drive to work, and I see this:
and I have to admit, it's moving.
Until I realize that I'm not moving.
Because I'm sitting in traffic.
Because of construction on Lincoln Circle
which has doubled my commute, from 8 minutes to 16.
And this:
starts to seem like a really good idea.
Until I think about this:
and remember that 16 minutes isn't really a long time, even though I don't really like driving.
And so I don't know. I think I'll just close my eyes and see what happens.
about my moving to New York.
This :

is tempting. And when I'm there, I start to think I want to do it.
And then I get back to DC.
And I see my life, my rather happy, full life here.

And I drive to work, and I see this:
and I have to admit, it's moving.
Until I realize that I'm not moving.
Because I'm sitting in traffic.
Because of construction on Lincoln Circle
which has doubled my commute, from 8 minutes to 16.
And this:

starts to seem like a really good idea.
Until I think about this:

and remember that 16 minutes isn't really a long time, even though I don't really like driving.
And so I don't know. I think I'll just close my eyes and see what happens.
