Thursday, February 01, 2007
Say it ain't so!
Tim Gunn's Exit Memo Urges Parsons To Carry On
Also, I rode the elevator today with Victor Garber.
AND I saw Boheme at the Met last night. Cora and I got those $20 rush seats in the orch and they weren't bad--V 31 and 33, which put us just under the overhang. Acoustically suboptimal (thanks, now I'm talking like Susanna...) but excellent sight lines. The production, a Met classic, is of course gorgeous and opulent. Whats-her-name from the season opening of Butterfly sang Mimi, and Marcello Giordani was Rodolfo. He's a favorite of mine, for sure. Best part: the girl at the end of the row who asked us, "Is this what Rent is based on?" oh dear.
Bad news: one of my two art classes at NYU for this semester was cancelled for low enrollement. Boo. But there's still time to get into another one, so I guess that's ok.
Saw Sally's house in Baton Rouge last weekend--it is adorable. oh, and Sally herself. She took us to see the tiger at LSU (real live scary tiger) and we ate lots of southern food. great weekend. really great.
Also, I rode the elevator today with Victor Garber.
AND I saw Boheme at the Met last night. Cora and I got those $20 rush seats in the orch and they weren't bad--V 31 and 33, which put us just under the overhang. Acoustically suboptimal (thanks, now I'm talking like Susanna...) but excellent sight lines. The production, a Met classic, is of course gorgeous and opulent. Whats-her-name from the season opening of Butterfly sang Mimi, and Marcello Giordani was Rodolfo. He's a favorite of mine, for sure. Best part: the girl at the end of the row who asked us, "Is this what Rent is based on?" oh dear.
Bad news: one of my two art classes at NYU for this semester was cancelled for low enrollement. Boo. But there's still time to get into another one, so I guess that's ok.
Saw Sally's house in Baton Rouge last weekend--it is adorable. oh, and Sally herself. She took us to see the tiger at LSU (real live scary tiger) and we ate lots of southern food. great weekend. really great.
