Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pondering New Initiatives

I've been thinking some more about writing, and that I really miss DC Arts Jobs. I know for certain that I couldn't recreate something like that in New York, nor would I want to. But I do miss working on it, so I'm going to maybe sort of try to start again. I think probably I might try by doing more posts here to find my footing, then move into a new blog. I don't know.

I've had this thought before, and was unable to get it off the ground. Remember how bad I was a keeping up with review writing went back in March? And that was for a class.......

But perhaps less structure will ultimately be good for my motivation. The challenge keeping DC Arts Jobs successful was that it really requires updating nearly everyday. For that blog, a large portion of the content was essentially pre-formed, so it wasn't that bad. But what I have in mind...maybe not.

Still, it will be challenging not to just duplicate a lot of good stuff that's already out there, like The Artful Manager, Butts in the Seats, ArtsJournal, etc. I don't think I want to write exclusively about the job market as I did before. For one thing, job posts are very well covered by NYFA (although I guess the same argument could have been made for CAGW) and for another, I don't have nearly the same grasp on the (much larger) industry here.

I still need to give this some more thought.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?