Sunday, May 25, 2008
Sunny day
It was so gorgeous out today!
Kathleen was here for the weekend (minus Monday--she just left) and that was really fun. We spent some time with some of her friends from high school, which was fun, but also made me feel rather old, although not as old as I would have felt two years ago when they were all still in college. Also went to Dinosaur Barbeque--AMAZING. Truly the best in New York.
Other items:
We celebrated the 125th Anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge this week. Fireworks Thursday night, big party in the park today. Definitely a great week to live in Brooklyn Heights. Have I mentioned lately that I love my neighborhood? Also, my rent is only going up $35 a month this summer, which is cool.
Currently reading Cajun Boy in the City. He reminds me of some of the smart-asses I knew in DC. In a good way. I actually said in meeting at work recently, "I like Louisianans." People thought that was a weird thing to say. Whatever. I do still want to make one more trip to Baton Rouge in the fall, I think.
Mark June 20 on your calendar, and plan to be in Brooklyn for the Love Couple. It's FREE.
Looking forward to my first(!) trip to California next week for Seth and Clay's commitment ceremony. People keep asking me, "Are they getting married now?" I don't know. Ask them. Why the hell would I know?
Maybe now that the season is over and I can pretend to have more time/not spend 60 hours a week in the Opera House, I will try to write more here. Remember back when I wrote DC Arts Jobs and I posted everyday? How did I do that?
Kathleen was here for the weekend (minus Monday--she just left) and that was really fun. We spent some time with some of her friends from high school, which was fun, but also made me feel rather old, although not as old as I would have felt two years ago when they were all still in college. Also went to Dinosaur Barbeque--AMAZING. Truly the best in New York.
Other items:
We celebrated the 125th Anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge this week. Fireworks Thursday night, big party in the park today. Definitely a great week to live in Brooklyn Heights. Have I mentioned lately that I love my neighborhood? Also, my rent is only going up $35 a month this summer, which is cool.
Currently reading Cajun Boy in the City. He reminds me of some of the smart-asses I knew in DC. In a good way. I actually said in meeting at work recently, "I like Louisianans." People thought that was a weird thing to say. Whatever. I do still want to make one more trip to Baton Rouge in the fall, I think.
Mark June 20 on your calendar, and plan to be in Brooklyn for the Love Couple. It's FREE.
Looking forward to my first(!) trip to California next week for Seth and Clay's commitment ceremony. People keep asking me, "Are they getting married now?" I don't know. Ask them. Why the hell would I know?
Maybe now that the season is over and I can pretend to have more time/not spend 60 hours a week in the Opera House, I will try to write more here. Remember back when I wrote DC Arts Jobs and I posted everyday? How did I do that?
