Monday, June 09, 2008
Heads Up!
I opened my mailbox today and pulled out an envelope from the IRS that was marked "Economic Stimulus" and had PAYMENT in big red letters on the back. Surely, this must be my long-awaited check, no? No. It was just a notice that the payment will be coming by June 13 (soon) but I shouldn't worry until 6 weeks have gone by (huh?).
At any rate, I'm spending it on......Amtrak! Yes, yes, my friends, I intend to spend many a weekend in DC this summer. In addition to all the wonderful people who live in DC all the time, there are extras this year--Sally, Rachel, Rachel's baby, the list goes on. In order to ensure that my friends remain my friends after all this back and forth, I have a lead on (cross your fingers) an apartment swap with a very nice sounding lady with a studio apartment in Mount Pleasant. The Metro-accessible part of Mount Pleasant, which is key. If you think I'm insane for doing this, speak up. I'm of two minds about it myself.
At any rate, I'm spending it on......Amtrak! Yes, yes, my friends, I intend to spend many a weekend in DC this summer. In addition to all the wonderful people who live in DC all the time, there are extras this year--Sally, Rachel, Rachel's baby, the list goes on. In order to ensure that my friends remain my friends after all this back and forth, I have a lead on (cross your fingers) an apartment swap with a very nice sounding lady with a studio apartment in Mount Pleasant. The Metro-accessible part of Mount Pleasant, which is key. If you think I'm insane for doing this, speak up. I'm of two minds about it myself.
