Sunday, July 27, 2008
One Week
So, I've had my Kindle a week now. So far so good. I don't think I'm ready to give a full review yet, but here are my impressions so far:
My manicure fared much better this week for its lack of exposure to newsprint. So did my yellow leather Kenneth Cole bag (although I have switched to a big straw number by Lucky now, but I digress).
You do get the photos in the major news sections of the New York Times, but the quality is poor. And the photos in the other sections are completely absent--I notice it a lot for arts, style and real estate, not so much for business or dining out.
Book samples are fun. Definitely prevented me from wasting my money on Inside Inside.
Besides the newspaper, I'm looking forward to using it for current events hardcovers that age pretty fast and you wouldn't want to keep on the shelf anyway. Haven't bought any yet--I'll keep you posted.
My manicure fared much better this week for its lack of exposure to newsprint. So did my yellow leather Kenneth Cole bag (although I have switched to a big straw number by Lucky now, but I digress).
You do get the photos in the major news sections of the New York Times, but the quality is poor. And the photos in the other sections are completely absent--I notice it a lot for arts, style and real estate, not so much for business or dining out.
Book samples are fun. Definitely prevented me from wasting my money on Inside Inside.
Besides the newspaper, I'm looking forward to using it for current events hardcovers that age pretty fast and you wouldn't want to keep on the shelf anyway. Haven't bought any yet--I'll keep you posted.
