Sunday, August 03, 2008
Boca Raton prints and moulded skirts
Aaaahh, a new season of Project Runway. Let's talk about last week's episode shall we? Surely you've all caught up with your DVR from Wednesday by now.
I don't begrudge Kenley the win, I think she's great. But surely I am not the only one who noticed how much her dress looked like the Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2008 collection? I mean, a lot like it. And considering that collection got more editorial coverage than practically anything this season, I'm really surprised the comparison didn't come up. Nina Garcia saw those dresses in the tents in February, well before they started filming this season, right? Am I missing something?
Judge for yourself:


I don't begrudge Kenley the win, I think she's great. But surely I am not the only one who noticed how much her dress looked like the Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2008 collection? I mean, a lot like it. And considering that collection got more editorial coverage than practically anything this season, I'm really surprised the comparison didn't come up. Nina Garcia saw those dresses in the tents in February, well before they started filming this season, right? Am I missing something?
Judge for yourself:


