Tuesday, January 27, 2009
India was amazing
I'm having a hard time synthesizing the trip to India in a way that I can share with you in a blog post. There was..... a lot. I'm uploading all the pictures now, which is predictably taking forever.
Kerala was certainly my favorite part--Kochin was interesting, the backwaters were beautiful and the beach was so relaxing and fun. I have to say that although we saw lots of specific places in Mumbai, I don't feel like I got any sense of the city overall. I don't know if I wasn't there long enough, or we didn't delve deeply enough or it was just too much to absorb. And no, for the umpteenth time, I have not seen Slumdog Millionaire, even though I did read the book long before there was a movie and it was still called Q&A.
Kerala was certainly my favorite part--Kochin was interesting, the backwaters were beautiful and the beach was so relaxing and fun. I have to say that although we saw lots of specific places in Mumbai, I don't feel like I got any sense of the city overall. I don't know if I wasn't there long enough, or we didn't delve deeply enough or it was just too much to absorb. And no, for the umpteenth time, I have not seen Slumdog Millionaire, even though I did read the book long before there was a movie and it was still called Q&A.


