Wednesday, January 07, 2009

What you need to know

I'm leaving for India on Saturday. Itinerary is here. (Don't be fooled by the stop in Chennai--it's just a layover). Cynthia made the map, as she pretty much did all the other travel preparations.

My part in the preparations has been mostly research of shopping and intellectual enrichment. I've been reading Temptations of the West by Pankaj Mishra, which I've been telling everyone they have to read. Now I'm telling you to read it. Seriously. I'm not done with it yet, but it does make me realize how woefully little I really know about the political history of the country. And that from someone with a degree in foreign service... The recommendation came from the fine folks at Idlewild Books. See? Shopping AND reading.

I can't wait to see Rachel and Wayne and baby Ben!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?