Monday, May 04, 2009

A new blog post

Since Shawna demands a fresh blog post, here it is. This is what's on my mind, in no particular order:

--I made this great beet salad for dinner today. Before you say you don't like beets, you have to try it. I'm going to post the recipe.

--I bought three new cookbooks this weekend, hence the beet salad. I might have a problem. But two of them were crockpot-related, and the other one was used. I also bought a crockpot. Imagine what I could do in a kitchen with actual counters and a full-sized refrigerator.

--House's hallucinations are confusing me.

--Adam and Joe have asked me to work on their production of Measure for Measure this summer. I am tempted, but still not committed. Can I have fun on a show where everyone will wear suits?

--I'm taking three classes at FIT this summer. I think I'm going for the certificate. Exciting! And scary! But the next time you see me in person, ask me about the hilarious tarot reading I had recently. I swear these two thoughts are somewhat marginally related.

--I got new glasses this weekend. I'm a little unsure about them. They are very bold.

--At the risk of sounding like I've turned into some new age nutcase, following a tarot reading comment, I am loving all the yoga this spring. Diana and Cynthia and I have taken to the hot Vinyasa flow classes at Yoga to the People, and it's super fun. Still thinking about supplementing with Yoga People in BH and possibly a free class at yogaworks up by Lincoln Center. You should know this: yogaworks is running this nutty promotion where they'll give you a free class for showing a membership card in anything--Blockbuster, Duane Reade, whatever. They just want you in the door one time. I guess that $25 a class isn't working out so well for them...

--Between the cooking and the FIT and the yoga, this is also making me wonder if I have "time" for Measure for Measure. Is that stupid? Isn't the point of being single and childless and married to my job that in the months when my job slows down I get to do whatever I want? (Wait, isn't a show supposed to qualify as something I "want" to do??)

--I want a little trip for the summer, just a little one. Weekend in Atlantic City?

Comments:
thank you for the update! lots of excitement! i'm trying to get a class at FIT, too- teaching, not taking. although my adventures with my new sewing machine have gotten me thinking a lot more about clothes and a lot less about my dissertation. . . of course, a shiny piece of tinfoil also has that effect.
 
I would like to go to AC as well, let's make that happen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?