Friday, March 12, 2010
Lamb, Lion, blah blah blah
As per usual, I shall provide you with a list of updates in the spirit of efficiency and brevity. Also, I love lists.
1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Read it. Right now. Not kidding. It will blow your mind.
2. Moving pretty quickly through The Omnivore's Dilemma now that I've picked it back up again. I do find it a bit long winded, but it's interesting. I'm only a bit more than 100 pages in. I'm assuming I haven't gotten to the there there yet.
3. The rumors are true - I am going to work on my birthday. I don't know why people are so astounded by this. I have wonderful Saturday plans. If my birthday were on a Monday, I would go to work. So, it happens to be a Sunday and there's money to be raised, so I'm going. Not a big deal. Besides, since The Audition came out on DVD, tickets to the Grand Finals concert are HOT.
4. Sorry to have skipped my Oscar fashion review this year, but the moment has passed by now. Capsule: Best dressed = Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van Noten. Also loved Ryan Seacrest's interview with Jake Gyllenhaal in which he told us how proud he was of his sister. Pride in a sibling is uniquely satisfying, I think. Can't wait for Kathleen's graduation.
5. Just saw Diana in a production of Theresa Rebeck's Loose Knit. Like Mike, I am a Rebeck-skeptic, but I liked this show a lot. I think maybe because it's one of her early ones, before she found being "current" such a gimme. It was very funny. And of course Diana was great. And now tonight, Stuff Happens. Not that one. A funny one.
6. Style of Politics is now on Twitter. Follow, pretty please? I freely admit that I only sort of understand Twitter. When I told Susanna that, she suggested I consult with her 20 year old cousin, who is an expert pretty much by virtue of the fact that she is 20 years old. That made me feel really old.
6b. Washingtonians: Save the date for happy hour/launch party April 23. More to come.
7. Carolyn Hax was spot on today. I also love that our own Kat Cox is becoming an advice columnist herself. Very cool.
8. Rain predicted all weekend. Booo.
